Another infographic for you.. Here is a PDF version for easy printing
Brewing Coffee Like Grandpa
- Start by adding water to the pot for the desired amount of coffee.
- Place the pump in the pot and place the coffee basket on the pump tube. Make sure that the water level is below the bottom of the basket.
Add one tablespoon coarse ground coffee per six ounce cup to the basket.
- Put the basket lid / spreader plate on the basket and then put on the pot lid.
Start heating the water. Watch the clear knob on the lid for water rising through the tube.
- When the water starts to bubble, you may need to reduce the heat...You do not want a rolling boil,just enough heat so that water continues to flow up through the tube.
- After it bubbles up, the water then falls on the spreader plate and through it onto the grounds. As it percolates through the grounds, it releases the coffee goodness.
- Let it bubble and percolate for five to eight minutes, then remove it from the heat.
- Your coffee is ready. Pour a cup and enjoy.
A Helpful Hint... A coffee filter can prevent grounds in your coffee, especially if you don’t have coarse ground coffee available
Hey we sell percolators!